Monday, May 4, 2009

Fruitful Living

(from the book, Now Is the Time, by Patrick Lindsay)

Why not go out on a limb?
Isn't that where the fruit is?

-Frank Scully

Now is the time...to get a good night's sleep.

Break the cycles:
of working late; mindless TV; nights out.
Reconnect with your body.

Show it some RESPECT.

Recharge your batteries.
Savor the results.

It's a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked on it.
-John Steinbeck (1902-1968)

Now is the time...to watch what you eat.

Think about it:
How often have we ever been at risk of starving?
We feel most alert and alive when we eat frugally.

To lengthen thy life, lesson thy meals.
- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Now is the time...to chart a new course.

Grow.
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1883)

[The Road Not Taken]
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could.
To where it bent in the undergrowth,

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I --
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

[- Robert Frost]

Now is the time... to discover your forte.

We all have a special gift or forte.
Some find it early.
For others, the Discovery is more difficult.
Your forte is where you naturally shine.
It's where you express yourself best:

where you can allow your passions FULL REIN.

Allow your forte to assert itself.
The fox knows many things but the hedgehog only knows one big thing.
- Archilochus (seventh century BC)

Now is the time...to find your moral compass.







1 comment:

  1. hi krys!! CONTINUOUS inspirations from you! SCORE! saw this on your twitter! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete